More Systemwide News
- UCSF, UCLA researchers win Nobel prizes
- California Digital Library and partners launch DataUp
- How health care reform impacts UC Health
- UC Online gains momentum
Read more news at UC Newsroom
A systemwide effort brought UC leaders and admissions counselors into high schools around the state, encouraging about 10,000 students to aim for college, offering practical guidance on getting there.
A new website provides information and encourages participation in UCís campus climate survey, which begins rolling out this month.
Eight UC campuses are participating in a national online mentoring program that connects students pursuing STEM degrees with women in academia and industry.
A new website houses all systemwide UC policies in one spot, where they can be viewed, reviewed, searched, rescinded, revised and approved.
People Who Make A Difference
Across UC, staff and faculty make a difference on the job and in their free time. Read about a few of their latest contributions.
Two staff members designed a three-section bin for recyclables, compostable material and landfill items to address garbage issues in the library. Now they hope to patent their invention and have it used elsewhere.
Do you know someone who is making a difference?
You can nominate a UC staff or faculty member to be featured here. Send their name and a brief description of how they are contributing to UC or their wider community to
- Family Care Services includes enhanced elder care starting January 2013
- Womenís preventive services available at no cost in 2013
- UC Members Continue to Give Medical Plans High Ratings in Annual Satisfaction Survey
- Act now to maximize your 403(b) and 457(b) contributions
You can read more HR news on At Your Service.
Send Your Feedback
What would you like to read about in future editions of Our University? Send your comments and story suggestions to . Our University is produced by UC Communications, External Relations, UC Office of the President.